The Lucid Dreaming Meme
... and then it hits you: none of this is real. You're dreaming. You've been dreaming all along.
Maybe you'd normally wake up now. The brain is a funny thing, though, and you can't seem to. Must be something you ate. You do, however, realize that you're in a dream - and in dream, you can do anything. Always wanted to dream about flying? It's your lucky night. Want to dream back a lost childhood home? It's there just as you remember, or perhaps imagine it. Been fantasizing about that one cute co-worker for weeks? Well then.
There's only one problem. There seems to be someone else in your dreamscape, and they can apparently control it just as easily as you can. They even have the audacity to claim that they are dreaming you!
All the usual:
- Post with your character's name and canon in the subject line.
- Said character is having a lucid dream, where since they know they are dreaming, they can do literally anything. Fun!
- ... except that the character that comments on your thread is also in the same dream and just as lucid. Both characters can affect the world around them, but not each other.
- Both characters are the "original" dreamer from their perspective, and neither is stronger than the other. Conflicting changes to the environment simply overwrite each other in a loop until one character or the other gives up.
- The setup of this meme is built to facilitate cross-canon interaction: it's probably a good idea to state in your subject line whether you're open to it.
- Tag around and play nice!
- TRIGGER WARNING: Meme may contain unpleasant themes. Please use warnings and browse responsibly.