1. Post your character/canon. Feel free to pre-set up your scenario if you want, or let someone else RNG it for you.
2. Respond to other posts. Roll two RNG rolls, one for the setting, one for the scenario. (Or don't, that's fine too.)
3. Get exploring! Who knows where you'll end up?
4. Oh, right, have fun. That's kind of an important one.
1. Abandoned House: You know, the one at the edge of town, the one with all the creepy rumors? Yeah, there's no way THIS one can go wrong.
2. Factory: Nothing like a little urban exploration to get that blood pumping.
3. School: Seven mysteries of the school, sealed off portion of the building, piano heard playing in the middle of the night, yada yada yada. You know how that works.
4. Forest: ...or are you just LOST? Go on, admit it. We won't tell anybody.
5. Military Base: We only hope it's an ABANDONED base, or else you have some 'splainin' to do.
6. Cave: Let's go spelunking! Maybe there'll be a minecart scene. Hope nobody's home...
7. Ancient Ruins: With ancient secrets, and ancient traps, and ancient animal droppings. Ew.
8. Castle or Dungeon: Just visiting...you hope.
9. Office Building: Hopefully not the kind with those sentient elevators or something. And with fire escapes.
10. Shipwreck: Hope you brought your scuba-diving equipment! If you're in the first three slots of the party lineup, you WILL get wet.
11. Labyrinth: Follow the left wall. No, seriously. It works.
12. Cyberspace: On the other side of the screen, it all looks so easy.
13. Innerspace - Inside the Mind: Who's mind is this? It could get dangerous very quickly. Anything could happen in here.
14. The Arctic: Snow, snow, and more snow. Better get the sled dog team together before it gets any colder. Mush!
15. Miniaturized: Even a simple backyard can turn into a jungle when you're no bigger than an ant.
16. Alien Ship: Crash landed or abandoned, this place is amazing! Here's hoping you don't run into any aliens that want to toss you out or keep you for an experiment.
17. Library: Shhhhh! Keep your exploration noise down, people are trying to read!
18. Laboratory: Hidden behind a secret door or something a little more modern and futuristic. Don't push that button!
19. Time Travel: Shouldn't leave a time machine/portal/device laying around, someone might decide to go off on an adventure with it.
20. Wild Card: Pick one of the above, or make up your own not listed here.
1. Rumors: You hear there's a monster or a ghost of some sort hanging around there. But that can't be true, right?
2. You've Been Invited: Either from someone you know or a mysterious stranger, someone has invited you to this strange location. But what could they want?
3. Car Broke Down: Maybe somebody lives over there, honey! ...hahahaha.
4. Hunter/Hunted: Something's been following you. Maybe you can lose them in this place somewhere. Or maybe the danger's actually just gotten worse.
5. It's a Secret: You figure you can make a hangout here. Or a secret lair.
6. Where am I?: You just woke up here. You don't remember how you got here. And you have no idea how to get out. Guess you'd better find out.
7. A Prank: Those jerks thought it'd be real funny if they locked you in this place, or ditched you, or whatever. Let's see how much they'll be laughing when you're DEAD. ...or let's not, shall we?
8. Drawn to this Place: You're not sure why, but you're suddenly finding yourself attracted to this place. Something here is calling to you...
9. Treasure!: You hear there's a fantastic treasure somewhere in this place! If you find it, you'll be rich! ...IF.
10. Surveying: You need to check this place out for whatever reason. Research? Surveying? Mapping? Who knows, but it's a perfectly legitimate reason.
11. Someone to Find: Someone you know is supposed to have come here, but they haven't come back yet. Surely they're still alive somewhere in here, but there's only one way to find out.
12. Adventure Time: Who needs a reason when you got an adventure? #yolo
[borrowed from this post]