Who in the world could hate kindness? Sweetness? Conscientiousness? All of us, on some level, like to be pampered and taken care of, from the most churlish to the most pleasant. Yes, even those grouchy grumps, or, of course, the cool-headed psychos -
Okay, maybe not all of us to the same degree.
Regardless of your disposition, somehow, you've gained a doting significant other. It seems like they find their greatest pleasure in taking care of and looking out for you. This may manifest in them simply trying to keep you entertained, happy, and healthy; it could also come in the form of them being a domestic doter, taking care of all your needs. Be it the former or the latter, there's an inherent adorableness that comes with their efforts and generosity, and in return, you have an urge to protect and care for them. They're just too precious for this world! Only, you know, there's a good chance you can a. ignore this, because you're emotionally stunted and full of wo/manpain, or b. repress it because you're a badass and would never.
Unless you've completely disregarded all that because they're just too much and you want to hold them forever.
So, how do you feel about all this? Do you wish they'd stop with this foolishness (not really)? Are you pushing them away? Are you embarrassed? Maybe you're absolutely taken with them! Just realize that you have it incredibly good.
HOW TO PLAY
• Comment with your character, preferences, their role, any info, etc.
• Reply to others.
• Usual: This is how they always are. "Caring" is in their nature.
• Unexpected: They don't seem like the type...but with you, they are.
• Terrible at It: They're trying hard, yet it seems like they fail at trying to take care of you. Depending on who you are, though, that may just make them more endearing.
• Because You Like It: They heard you like those who are sweet and kind, so they're trying to change their ways.
• Not Together: Technically, you're not together romantically, but everyone knows the truth.
• The Doted Upon: What it says on the tin!
• Feeding: Whether they cook for you or have moments where they feed you, literally, they take your nutrition seriously.
• Massage: Let them work out all those kinks.
• Clean You Up: Here, they've drawn a warm bath for you.
• Dress Your Wounds: If you're the kind of person who gets in battles, they'll see that you're all patched up.
• Singing: Or telling stories, or otherwise calming you down.
• Lap Rest: Sometimes, their lap is the best pillow.
• A Shoulder to Cry On: When you have troubles, they're always there to listen.
• The Calming Force: If you have moments of terror from past trauma, they're always willing to put themselves on the line to bring you back to reality, even if it puts them in danger.
• Soft Kisses: Their kisses feel so good, and they're never demanding.
• Head Pat: Sometimes, a simple gesture can mean the most.
• Grooming: They'll fix your hair - or at least play with it - and help you shave.
• Gifts: Homemade or expensive, they like to shower you in presents.
• Lovemaking: The obligatory smut option, where they're a generous lover.
• Protector: They look out for you, and while they don't seem that way, if you're threatened, they get like a bear protecting her cubs.
• Gentle Giant: They make you feel so small and delicate.
• Reverse: For once, you want to dote on and take care of them.
• Unwilling: It's a wonder they still try to care for you, because you're cruel to them and rebuff them at every turn, even if you really don't mean it.
• It's Okay to Cry: They never get upset because they don't want to put that on you. You want to let them know they can let it all out.