You're at Gold Saucer. Gold Saucer! One of the most famous amusement parks ever, filled with games and adventure and party members and secrets just waiting to be discovered! This is going to be awesome!
"But what can you do here?" you might be asking. Well, let's check out the map...
1. You can chill at Wonder Square. That's where you'd find the bulk of the arcade games, get silly prizes...like, if there's a stuffed chocobo plushie you're trying to win, you'll probably win it there. It's also a good place to meet new people and/or get your fortune told. You know, it's one of those good meeting places.
2. Or you could go to Battle Square. For the low, low, low price of 10 GP you get to enjoy an intense and really realistic fighting game, in which you go through subsequent rounds of fighting with escalating difficulty and arbitrary status effects being dropped on your party for no particular reason. For the more active types.
3. Or you could go race chocobos. Are you a jockey or otherwise involved in racing chocobos, like a chocobo stablehand, or are you more of a spectator? Either way, it's cutthroat and there's rumors that less savory people are racing in a bid to win their freedom, but that's obvious nonsense. But it's still very competitive.
4. Or you could go to the Event Square. Generally speaking, nothing's going on, but through a wacky set of circumstances we know as meme magic you'll find that your arrival timed perfectly and you'll be asked to participate in a silly play. The default is Princess Rosa being kidnapped by the Evil Dragon King Valvados, and the hero Alfred is sent to rescue her. But...well, that's just the default option. Go with whatever sort of play makes you happy.
5. If you're tired there's also Ghost Square, aka the haunted house/obligatory hotel. Yes, it's a haunted house hotel. Ill fated phasmophobiacs beware. You will not sleep.
6. But hey. If you're unable to sleep there's always Round Square, with gondolas, scenic fireworks, a pristine view of Gold Saucer in all of its glittering glory, maybe some...kissing?
7. There's also Speed Square, which consists of a roller coaster shooter that's basically what you get if you mix a roller coaster with laser tag. Good times!
8. And finally, there's dodging security because you pissed them off just that much. Had problems with the exchange rate? Screwed up the play at Event Square that much? Took Battle Square too seriously and accidentally assaulted an employee? Whatever the case may be...run. Run!