THE STARFLEET AU MEME
Who are you?
Pick a department -
1) Command & Control. Captains and command staff; admirals; pilots.
2) Medical & Science. Doctors, scientific specialists and analysts, including staff not in the chain of command.
3) Engineering & Security. Including all engineers, all stereotypical throwaway 'redshirts', and communications staff.
Pick a rank -
1) Crewman. You're an enlisted person. Whatever expertise you might have, you have to obey the officers around you in everything.
2) Chief. Enlisted you may be, but you've gained expertise and experience. You know what you're doing better than many of those officers do.
3) Cadet. You're in Starfleet Academy, you haven't even graduated yet. Just a little baby pre-officer.
4) Ensign. Freshly graduated, at the bottom of the officer heap.
5) Lieutenant (Junior Grade), Lieutenant. Finally gained some command of your own.
6) Lieutenant Commander, Commander. You're eligible to command a starship now.
7) Captain. You have a command of your own. Time for that responsibility to be on your shoulders.
8) Admiral. Command of multiple ships.
1) Federation citizen. Scientist or consultant? Diplomatic Corps?
2) Alien. Are you hostile? In need of rescue? Curious about this new encounter?
3) Enemy. Are you in battle with Starfleet? Across the negotiating table? Bringing it down from within?
4) Foreign VIP. A diplomat, or a planetary leader.
5) Mercenary/pirate/trader, in general unaligned.
6) Other! What's happening?
1) Observing astronomical phenomenon. This will be fascinating! For science!
2) You've discovered a new alien race. Time for first contact.
3) Space-time anomalies. Something weird is happening with the ship…
4) Survival. You're stranded on a new planet/crash-landed. You must survive, either among the local culture or in the wilderness.
1) Space battle. It's your duty to meet the enemy. Could be the Borg, or the Dominion, or the Klingons.
2) Boarded! The ship's got hostiles on board. Time to fight compartment to compartment. Maybe they've taken the ship and it's time to take it back.
3) Covert operations. Going undercover, disguised, to find information. Maybe you're a spy in Starfleet itself.
4) Disaster. Systems are out, there's no communication, and you have to figure out how to get out of this mess with limited tools at hand.
5) Rescue. Someone's in danger. A space station running out of air? A planet in danger of exploding? Go rescue them!
Diplomacy & Politics -
1) Negotiations. Are you ending a war? Beginning trade relations? Is this a continuation of first contact?
2) Playing host. You have diplomats/kings/leaders on your ship, and you have to impress them.
3) Elections. Is it for President of the Federation? Are you supervising an election on another world?
4) Asylum. Someone has sought refuge on the starship. Why?
1) Off-duty. Time for a good game, or dinner party, or some fun in the holosuite.
2) Normal shifts. It's a routine, by now. Do you joke on duty? Is it rigid and professional?
3) Mess Hall. Grabbing a meal.
4) Shore leave. Vacation time! Are you spending it with your crewmates or as far away as possible?
5) Other![OOC: From here.]