The Harvest Moon Meme!
Sometimes your character just needs a break, either from the frantic pace of their games, or from their chaotic canon lives. Lucky for them, they have a chance to relax and unwind out in the country, where there's plenty of fresh air, good food, and friendly company to be had. So push pause on those busy lives and spend some time in the world of Harvest Moon.ROLES
1. The Busy Farmer
- Classic. You have animals to take care of, crops to grow, people to make friends with, harvest sprites to ignore, and so many things. It's hard to keep track of it all, but somehow, you manage.
2. The Rival Farmer
- You've been here long before the clever new upstart appeared. But it seems like they've got a natural talent for this stuff you never realized. Maybe you can ask them for advice, or challenge them for the rights to use a public field.
3. The Farming Specialist
- Maybe you'd rather concentrate on just one area of farming that you love. Do you grow only vegetables? Orchards? Are you solely into animal husbandry? Your skills might be more limited, but they're sharp and focused and you're at the top of the list.
- Whether you run one of the town markets or visit from afar to sell exotic wares, you're always up for a good bargain.
You are a restaurant.
Whether you prepare the food, serve it, or both, hospitality is the name of the game, and you've got plenty to go around. Feed the poor starving farmers who can't afford to build their own kitchen yet.
6. The Harvest God/Goddess
- Kindly and watchful, you make sure the farmers are getting all the help they need...so long as they keep up their offerings, after all.
- This town is yours, and you rule with an iron fist! Or maybe you just organize events and festivals and mediate town arguments. That works too.
- When farmers collapse in exhaustion after stupidly refusing to eat or sleep, you're the one who has to patch them up. Is it annoying? Maybe you love being there to take care of everyone.
9. The Visitor
- Whether you wandered in with amnesia, washed up on shore, or just decided to stay at the inn and stick around, you're part of the town community now. You might also be secretly dateable.
10. The Kindly Veteran
- You're here to teach the newbie farmers all the basics. You're also probably doomed to die as soon as winter rolls around.EVENTS
1. Tutorial Time
- Water the crops. Brush the cows. Feed the dogs. Harvest the babies. Put chickens in the beehives. ...Maybe you could use a little help.
- There's a special someone in town you've got your eye on. Bring them their favorite gifts and they'll have no choice but to like you! ...That IS their favorite gift, right? Because if it's a horror gift, you're doomed to die alone.
- Who grows the best crops? Who's got the best sheep? Who can cook the most delicious Cheese Drink? Put your skills on display and impress EVERYONE.
- You're tying the knot, and everyone is invited to the wedding. Come wish the happy couple good luck
because the wife is going to be pregnant in just 30 days
and give them a gift.
5. Friendly Festival
- Not all of the events are slated for farmers to show off at each other. There's the flower festival where people give floral gifts, the snow festival where everyone gathers together to build a giant snow castle, and of course eating buckwheat noodles in the town square to ring in the new year is always popular!
6. Sick Friends
- Uh oh, you forgot to put the cow in last night and it got harassed by a wild dog. Now it's stressed out and unhappy! Grab someone to give you advice or sell you some medicine.
- The storm outside is so rough, you don't dare venture outside unless there's an emergency. Better stay in, hopefully with some good company, and take it easy for just one day.
8. Fulfilling Requests
- Sometimes people post job requests on the board. Maybe there's something you can help with. Maybe there's something YOU need help with. List a reward, and see if there are any takers.
9. Overdoing It
- Did you forget to eat again? Or sleep? Oh, you! Now you've caught a cold, and you can't possibly get everything done in this condition. Either you need to see a doctor, or recruit some help from a friend until you feel better.
10. The Blue Feather
- This is it! This is when you finally confess your feelings to the person you cherish most. Will they accept? Or did you just flash the feather to be a complete troll and anger someone who never wanted it?