not an alpha/beta/omega meme
There's no need for elaborate backstories for this AU. You go into heat, rut, whatever you'd like to call it. You've always done so since you were of age to do so. It's a socially accepted norm, and people have gotten used to the difficulties that come with the mating seasons. Life goes on.
Isn't this alpha/beta/omega, then? No, not at all. In this meme, there are no gender-variant genitalia unless your character comes prepackaged with those. No giant cocks - again, unless your character is already packing - or self-lubricating assholes or anal wombs, and no knotting. Unless that's your thing. There's also no set in stone roles with regards to dominance and submission, and some people do not even feel the inclination towards either. Still, there are a few similarities, mainly being that the pheromones of others can put someone into heat that was not in it before and the bond between mates. In addition, some humans/human-stand-ins have created packlike dynamics in response, but this is not universal.
In this meme, it's just regular old human...oids feeling the urge for sex. And by "urge," we of course mean all-consuming drive. If characters choose to ignore that urge, it will backfire on them. The more they put it off, the more they will lose their control, becoming more irritable and aggressive, and eventually be nothing but a rutting animal until the need to mate is satisfied. Not all heats call for mating, of course, and most people can just relieve themselves, but when you do mate, you feel the urge to stay by their side and essentially "nest." These desires don't always pan out into offspring, and mating isn't forever unless it's mutually decided upon. However, impregnating your mate is said to be one of the most euphoric experiences a person can have, even if some people only mate because they want to utterly possess someone, as mates are bonded for a while.
If there's anything that's to your fancy that's been left out, go ahead and add it in. Play it how you'd like!
HOW TO PLAY
- Comment with your character and preferences.
- Include what you're interested and not interested in.
- Respond to others!
- first heat: Baby's first heat. YOU'RE A TEENAGER/LATE BLOOMER AND WHAT IS THIS?
- old hand: You've done this a million times, but it never gets any easier.
- happen to be here: You're not picky. You can't afford to be. You'll take anybody who's nearby.
- old faithful: You're going to the person you always go to in order to relieve your problem.
- worked something out: The two of you aren't involved. You just help each other out.
- unexpected: You never expected to rut with this person, but here you are.
- forbidden: AKA the obligatory incest or age difference option.
- volunteer: You've offered yourself up out of the kindness of your heart.
- tribute: This isn't your offer. You're the offer from others, a gift for someone powerful to sate their appetite.
- mating: You've decided to go one step further and make your relationship deeper.
- nesting: Aaah, (temporary) domestic bliss. And lots of fucking. Lots and lots of fucking. Like, you'll barely be able to stand.
- bonding: The bond, which is mildly psychic and intensely physical, makes sex even more intense.
- the natural conclusion: Heat calls for pregnancy. Get someone pregnant.
- already pregnant: Unfortunately, being knocked up doesn't abate your partner's desires. Or yours.
- mates for life: Now you're absolutely certain that you want to be with no one else. Of course, this means you'll be in synch with their heat for the rest of forever.
- save you: You've been saved from the advances of an undesired mate by someone who may be much more suited. Show your gratitude?
- cockfight: Two people want the same mate. That won't do. There are ways to figure that out, not always involving fists.
- increase in dominance: Exactly what it says.
- increase in submission: Again, exactly what it says.
- unexpected dominance: No one expects you to ever be dominant. Prove them wrong.
- protect: You want to protect your mate from others, and that means putting your scent all over them.
- set off by someone else: You were doing fine until you got a whiff of someone else's pheromones.
- resisting temptation: Your heart belongs to someone. You want to stay out of this "heat" thing. You want to rise above it. Whatever it may be, you just have to not take the bait. Easier said than done.
- all worked up: You're beginning to lose control and yourself. Quick, do something before you're jumping anything that moves.
- pack: As mentioned prior, some people, especially those far out from civilization proper, have formed packs that hold to the more traditional alpha structure. Of course, these packs come with their own rules when it comes to heat and mating.
- suitable partner: The desire for certain mates can come from a subconscious level, and you can find yourself aroused by someone showing how strong they are (they can protect you), how curvaceous they look (that must mean they're fertile), or any other number of traits that can benefit you.
- desperation: You'll take anyone! Anything!
- final release: You've reached your breaking point and your mindless. At least you'll get relief.
- fighter: Part of your process is seeing who's worthy of you by testing their mettle. That, or you want to fight anything.
- off your meds: It's fairly rare, but some can get blockers for their heat. What if those blockers run out? Why, it makes your heat ten times worse!
- noncon: They don't want this. You don't want to stop this.
- dubcon: You say no, but your body says yes and you can't stop loving it.
- calm you down: Whether it's to fuck or to fight, you're going mad, and they have to bring you back down to Earth.
- territorial: How dare someone look at what belongs to you? You'll have to make things right.
- odd man out: For some reason, you don't go into heat. Never have. Being with you is pretty relaxing, and some find it appealing to not have to deal with pheromones that aren't theirs. You do have to learn how to appreciate their problems, though.