Friday Night Excursions Meme
It’s Friday night, and you don’t have plans. Or maybe you have some really excellent plans involving your couch and your laptop, but your characters are in dire need of a social life. Grab your friends or text that cutie you swiped right on, you’re going OUT.
1. Blind Date - You swiped right. Or, maybe this is an old-fashioned blind date, where your friends set you up. All you have is a time, date, place, and a name. Better hope they’re a good conversationalist, or you’ll be climbing out the bathroom window.
2. Game Center - Who’s ready for some SKEE-BALL? Mini-golf, anyone? Grab a friend or a date and school them in a game of laser-tag. Drunken laser tag? That’s what Friday nights were made for.
3. House Party - Sure, you were invited. Your friend’s cousin’s ex-roommate lives here. And you know… that guy. Fred? Fred. Okay, so maybe you’re crashing the party, and it is a rager. Get ready to get blackout drunk and jump off the roof, because it is Friday night and we are here to PAR-TAY.
4. Bar/Club Scene - Well, it’s better than drinking alone. Maybe you came with friends, maybe you’re just desperate to forget your loneliness, maybe you just honestly like sitting alone at the bar with a book. But hey, maybe you’ll meet someone cute, or maybe some jerk will try to slip something in your drink and you’ll end up best friends with the bartender who gets him arrested. Maybe you’ll try out a hip new club and get your grind on.
4a. ALT Bar/Club Scene - When I say BD you say SM. Or, maybe your alt club experience this evening is going to be one of those new hipster speakeasies. Maybe a swingers club? Whatever it is, you’re going to be walking a little bit off the beaten path tonight. Grab your tiger-print thong and curl your mustache, you’ve got an invite somewhere exclusive.
5. Meetup - You don’t need no dang romance (or maybe you do). You’re going to be spending the evening with your new crochet group. Craft beer enthusiasts. Improv acting troupe. Parcheesi players. Only, whoops, turns out everyone canceled except the two of you.
6. Great Outdoors - You know what weekends are for? CAMPING. Pile into the camper or heft your camping backpack, the world outside awaits. And if the wild world outside is a bit intimidating, there are always more suburban outdoor activities, like streaking through a moonlit park or starting a dumpster fire. Probably better to stick with camping. Camping builds character.
7. Great Indoors - The whole reason that humanity invented houses is because indoors is just plain better. You’ve got your couch, your pet, your laptop, some tea and a good book. And maybe a good friend or significant other to stay in and cuddle with you? Go on, invite someone over. You can make dinner, or order pizza, or just skip dinner and get straight to "dessert". There’s no work tomorrow, let’s stay up all night on a Sex and the City marathon.
8. Wreaking Havoc - Ordinary Friday night plans are for losers! Let’s put on our Halloween costumes and go TP a house. Let’s start a riot and party like it’s 1999. Go wild and crazy, paint outside the lines. It’s Friday!