Your life is about to take a turn for the better. Now, instead of...whatever you were doing before, you get to live in the lap of luxury. You get to move into a new, luxurious mansion, live in a quaint town, get adopted by a rich family, go to a magic school, whatever! Things are coming up roses, and you're ready to turn a page and start a new chapter in your life. Maybe you even have a new purpose or mission!
The only problem? The people - yes, people, plural - you have to live and deal with on a daily basis are a truly colorful cast. Kind peers who work or go to school with you, a mature, elegant person, a crazy assassin, a doctor, a lawyer, a prince/ss from outer space, a smattering of childhood friends, and many, many more: your life is practically a menagerie. What really throws a wrench in the works, though, is that each and every one of your hanger-ons is madly in love with you. Sounds good in theory to have all these gorgeous people fighting for your attention. In reality, they may just be fighting each other, leaving you to keep the peace.
And you, poor you, can't find a minute to think which one of them you may like in return. If it's only the one, anyway. You could be conflicted by all this attention, both good and bad.
...ah, isn't it nice to be loved?
- Comment with your character. Your character will either be a harem lead/object of affection or a harem member/love interest. So sell your character as both! Introduce them and give information about them. Have fun with it. You can do a first person introduction like a lot of the shows begin with ( ie, "My name is x, I'm x years old, and I lived a typical life blah blah blah"). For the love interest role, you may want to describe what type they'd be - spunky, stoic loner, bad guy with a heart of gold, psycho stalker, what have you.
- This is a shipping meme, obviously, but it doesn't have to be played all that straight. Half of the fun of harem shows is how over the top everything is.
- If your character doesn't exactly "fit" into the genre, don't worry about it. Be as loose with the definition as you want, or as strenuous. Wouldn't it be funny to see Tony Stark fought over by a bunch of waify bishounen or something? I don't know, sounds amazing to me.
- All treads don't have to be between leads/members. It can be members/members...or maybe even threadjacks with multiple people!
- Play out confessions, scuffles, fanservice scenes, UST, romantic moments, comedy, whatever suits your fancy.