the mutual captivity dependency (romance) meme
No matter how hard you fought, how subtly or overtly you rebelled, or how many times you tried to escape, you ended up at this point all the same: you're a prisoner. Perhaps you're just a regular, run of the mill captive, perhaps a hostage, a science experience, a weapon to be used, yet, no matter what, you're not free.
But you're also not alone.
There's someone else confined along with you, who you met through your mutual imprisonment. The only thing you two may have in common is that you're both trapped here - and that's enough. The two of you grow close (it seems you're closer to them than you've ever been to anyone, but that could just be the situation); soon, something begins to start between you, tiny and delicate. You can't speak to what that something is, not in a place like this, but you know you want it to last. They are another reason to keep going.
Captivity, of course, has a way of stripping everything from you, including reasons to live. Surely, it is only a matter of time before this small - and still somehow world encompassing - comfort is taken from you...
...no. Not this time. They've taken all you have, right down to your freedom, and it stops now. You won't let the person who's become most precious to you in this hell be stolen away.
No matter what.
HOW TO PLAY
- Comment with your character and preferences. Are you open to AUs and assumed CR? What are your limits? Given the subject of the meme, there's likely to be triggering material here. Do you prefer very dark fare or a light at the end of the tunnel scenario?
- There's one prompt that could be smut, but feel free to play it in others if you're open to it. However, I'm going to be posting this as a smut meme on TLH later this week.
- Reply to others. RNG.
- Prisoner of War: Who's side were you on? Or were you just an innocent civilian caught in the mire?
- Hostage: Take heart. You're worth more alive than dead.
- Scientific Experiment: What an interesting specimen you are. You will have to be tested.
- False Charges: One or both of you are here because of lies told against you; eventually, though, you may begin to believe that your worth is truly that low.
- Do the Dirty Work: Your powers are useful, maybe even enough to use you as an unwilling assassin.
- For Different Reasons: You're imprisoned for different reasons, and you still draw close. After all, does it matter when you're both stuck?
- Most Unforgivable Sin: One of you is a prisoner in the most basic of senses: hostage, slave, what have you. The other? Well, it's much more complicated. The other is a person forced against their will to be a lover, spouse, or sex slave of those in charge. What if that other does find someone they actually love? It could cost you both your heads.
- Equalized: Maybe you were in different social strata before, but now, you're both common dirt.
- Should Be in Charge: One of you has a higher ranking in the system. Will you use your power to manipulate them or to skew things in their favor.
- Beneficial: You both have something the other wants. It's a mutually beneficial set-up, and that's all it needs to be. At least, that's how it starts.
- Love at First Sight: You never thought you'd see someone like them here, and maybe it's because you've been cut off for some long, but you're feeling so smitten, even if that's usually not you.
- Needy: You're not cut out for this. Almost immediately, you reach out for anyone who can offer to take you under their wing.
- Won't Fall: To you, it's all to keep yourself sane. You won't actually fall in love, not in a million years.
- Traumatized: It's hard to care for someone so broken, someone who's seen such terrible things, but you do it anyway.
- Brainwashed: Before you met them, you never doubted your masters. But now...
- Flower of Hell: Such a beautiful ray of light should not belong here in this darkness. Cruelty will snuff if out. You don't want that to happen.
- Kindness: They showed you an unprecedented act of charity and selflessness. You feel drawn to them.
- Tend to Wounds: It's easy to get hurt while captive. At least you don't have to wait for your wardens to fix you up. You have someone kind or dedicated enough to tend to you and you alone.
- Anything to Protect You: They can't protect themselves, so you'll do it for them in any way you can.
- Using Them: Really, you don't care for them. You just want their protection and their help. At least, that's what you keep thinking.
- Burned Before: You had another prisoner before that you loved, and they were sent away or killed. You want let down your guard again.
- Human Contact: You've been deprived for so long, you crave any attention.
- Can't Touch: You're in cells, kept apart. You can never touch.
- Barely See You: There kept away from you and everyone else for most of the day, but you still have feelings for them.
- Separate: They're to be taken away, perhaps even to another outpost. What will you do?
- Frustration: How long has it been since you've been with someone? You may take any opportunity to get some privacy.
- Have Hope: You don't want your partner to lose faith, so despite your own beliefs, you'll stay positive.
- Promises: You keep telling them things, swearing that you'll follow through and you'll both be okay. Inside, a part of you may fear it's all hollow words.
- Escape: You're going to leave, but not without them.
- Punishment: For your crimes, both of you will be punished. How much will your affections mean then?
- Forced to Torture: Not only does your closest person have to be tortured, but you're the one who has to do it.
- All a Sham: The truth is out. They were only playing you. In fact, they may
- Turncoats: Your captors have pitted you against each other.
- Fight: You may argue or even come to blows, yet soon enough, you'll be wanting to forgive and forget because there's no one else to look out for you.
- Jealousy: They're all you have here, so you're not inclined to share.
- Taken by Another: Someone else captured here with you all saw what you had and decided they would steal away your significant other.
- Know How to Break You: Your tormenters know they can't hurt you with torture, but if they hurt the one you care for? That's another story.
- Death: There's no need for prisoners who won't keep on the straight and narrow. You've pushed the envelope too many times, and now, execution is the easiest option for your captors.
- Finally Free: The two of you have finally made it out alive. Suddenly, in the light of day, things seem different. Was all of this, all of these feelings...were they true or out of some desperate need?