|Everyone knows the feeling of when you see someone and you know you've seen them before. Isn't that a part of déjà vu? But what if the connection you have with that person goes beyond the superficial recognition of familiarity? Perhaps you were connected once...in the most intimate of ways. Some religions and philosophies believe in reincarnation of souls, and it's said that souls could be reincarnated together - once again to follow out the same path they did before.|
Or maybe not. Maybe it could be a second chance for fixing things that went wrong before, like the a tragedy or circumstances keeping you apart. But can you take that chance? Do you even want to?
HOW TO PLAY
- Comment with your character, stating preferences and pertinent information.
- Tag around to others and roll the RNG to determine what your scenario will be.
- The first roll determines the parameters of the "past life," the second the parameters of the "present life." The meme is intended to take place in the present, but there's nothing stopping you from playing out flashbacks to the "past."
- Play out the scene!
- WARNING: There will probably be triggers here.
| ||A. THE PAST|
B. THE PRESENT
- Medieval: The two of you lived in the middle ages or an equal high fantasy setting. Kings, queens, knights, wizards, your doomed love was set among the sword and shield.
- Feudal Japan: During this time, honor reigned supreme and warriors lived and died by the sword. Perhaps the two of you lived here?
- War: World War I, World War II, World War...III? Whatever the tension was, the two of you weren't living in happy times.
- Not Human: You were gods, demons, monsters, angels - or at least one of you was.
- Sci-Fi: The two of you found love in a world of science and technology...maybe a base on the moon?
- Taboo: In a past life, the two of you were related, yet still somehow fell in love. Or perhaps there was a big age gap, or different social standings. Whatever it was, your affection was "wrong," somehow.
- Intended for Someone Else: One of you was engaged, intended, or taken by someone else.
- Not Allowed: For some reason, you couldn't have your love back then.
- Tragically Cut Short: Somehow, your love ended in tragedy and one of you died.
- Living Happily Ever After: The two of you grew old together, had a family, the whole shebang, and died of old age. As a reward, you get to be with your loved one again.
- WILDCARD or CHOOSE YOUR OWN
- (Not So) First Meeting: You could swear you've seen this person before...but where?
- Need to Be Near You: You don't know why, but you have to be close to this person, to protect them, to love them.
- Memories: You're having memories of your past life and it's freaking you out.
- The Reveal: Somehow, the truth is revealed to you about who you used to be and what you life was like with this person.
- But I'm Taken: Unfortunately, you've already moved on to someone else who doesn't fit into the picture of your past.
- You Have to Be With Me: You're determined to rejoin with your past lover...even if they're not interested.
- He Doesn't See Me: You're afraid your lover only sees the past "you" and not the you who exists now. Are they in love with a memory?
- Madness Ensues: It's getting hard for you to tell which life is the "real" one, the one you have now or the one in the past. Perhaps you only see one way of release: becoming reincarnated again.
- It All Worked Out: The battles are fought, the war is one. You've earned your happy ending in this life and the two of you can live together.
- WILDCARD or CHOOSE YOUR OWN