THE NONARY GAME MEME
WARNING: This meme may contain upsetting or triggering content, such as blood, gore, death etc. Proceed at your own risk.
You wake up in an unfamiliar room- no, not a "room". A "cabin" is more like it. What's that? You don't remember getting on the ship? Of course not. In fact, the last thing you recall from before passing out is that strange man in a gas mask and black hood talking about some kind of game, as well as some white gas filling your room... That's right, you've been kidnapped. Not only that, you were also equipped with a digital watch of sorts- except it only shows a single digit and won't come off no matter how hard you try. You don't have time to think about it, though- the cabin is quickly filling with water! But even leaving that place doesn't mean it's the end of today's surprises: you find yourself on an incredibly fancy staircase, like something out of the last century... And on top of it are eight other equally confused people. Before you get to get to know each other, however, the speaker in the celling crackles to life...
I am 【Zero】... The captain of this ship. I am also the person who invited you here. Consider this a privilege. You have been chosen. You are going to participate in a game. The 【Nonary Game】. It is a game... where you will put your life on the line.
The purpose of the game is simple: leave this ship alive. It is hidden, but an exit can be found. Seek a way out... Seek a door that carries a 【9】.
【9 hours】. That is the time you will be given to make your escape.
Now it is time. Let our game begin.
The rules are simple: each of you has a numbered bracelet with a single digit on it, from 1 to 9. It cannot be removed, and will only come off after you leave the ship... or your heart stops beating. In order to advance in the game, the players need to walk through the numbered doors. Only 3-5 people can pass through a single numbered door, and the digital root of their bracelets must match the number on the door. After verifying the numbers at the Recognition Device (RED), the door will open and remain that way for 9 seconds. All who verified must go through the door. Then, all of them will have 81 seconds to verify at Deactivation Device (DEAD) on the other side. Failing to do so will cause the detonator in their bracelet to set off a bomb planted in their stomachs. We wouldn't want that, now would we...?
1. Post a comment with your character, stating their name, series and your preferences (if you have any).
2. Others reply, either using RNG to determine the scenario, coming up with their own one, or reacting to the one provided by the poster (if applicable).
3. The characters are now stuck in the Nonary Game, meaning they only have nine hours to escape before the ship sinks. Sucks to be them. Do they cooperate to find the exit? Do they compete? After all, only up to five people can go through the door...
1. Staircase meeting: Just who are those people? Friends? Enemies? You've never seen them before and now you need to join forces if you're hoping to save your lives. Introduce yourselves, exchange stories of your abduction, think of some plan, yell at each other... First impressions are important.
2. Bomb goes off: They did it. They broke Zero's rules and have been punished accordingly. Now their body is lying on the floor, twisted by the explosion, pieces of their flesh torn and scattered around like islands in the great sea of blood... Yikes! Not a nice sight, but... they probably won't be needing their bracelet anymore, right?
3. Numbered door: Not the one you're looking for, but one you need to go through to move forward. The question is, which one? Which group to join? Remember, the digital root must match the number on the door. Perhaps you will need to leave one of you behind...
4. An unexpected dead body: Eek! But wait, this guy isn't even one of the players! Who the hell is he and how did he end up here? And more importantly... Who killed him?
5. Escape: All the doors in this room are now closed, including the ones you came through. No need to panic, though; you just need to look for hints and solve the puzzle to escape. Keep in mind, though, time is running out. Good thing there's another person here to help you find the solution. Seek a way out!
6. Zero is one of us: That much is certain; there's no one else in here other than the nine of you. Which means, obviously, that the mastermind, Zero, in hiding among you. Just who is Zero? It might as well be the person standing next to you...
7. Find the DEAD: You've made it through the numbered door... But wait, where's the DEAD? Come on! You've only got 81 seconds left before the detonators activate...!
8. Titanic 2.0: Fancy 1st class cabins, large hospital room, library... Laboratory? Torture chamber? What kind of ship is it really? Perhaps if you explore a bit, you can find a different exit... or some useful information. "Truth had gone, truth had gone and truth had gone"? Huh?
9. Door 【9】: That's it. At last, you've reached the final door. 9. But what now? Only five of you can go through. Do the numbers add up? Can all of you escape? Also, is it just your imagination or did you really hear some knocking coming from that coffin on the altair...