Family is a concept that transcends mere blood-relation. While some are born into a family, others find it as they drift along in life. Whatever the case may be, many find themselves forging bonds with people that not only change the course of their lives, but also may change them as a person for the better. The scenarios below have been provided to help kick start some ideas, though of course you're always welcome to free-style it as well!
Feel free to choose a relationship and a prompt or just go all out!
Parent + Child Relationship
1. Good night, little one Maybe the little one is just too restless to sleep. Maybe they're fussy and you would LIKE them to go to sleep. Whatever the circumstances, it's time to sleep. Read a story, count sheep, sing for them - the possibilities are endless.
2. Curfew Crashing It's two am, and your child is just now dragging themselves in. Maybe they're drunk or got into a fight? Or maybe they lost track of time while hanging out with their friends or being a little too lovey-dovey with their new love interest. Whatever the reason, it's time to have a heart-to-heart.
3. New Beginning You're not a parent or a child by blood, but fate has somehow drawn you together. It's time to introduce the new addition to your life to your home. Whether it be humble or ostentatious, neat or cluttered - it's time to make your new little companion feel welcome.
4. Reunion You've been separated from your parental figure by some sort of circumstance. Whether they willingly left or some outside source pulled them from you - you are able to reunite under some sort of circumstance. Is it a happy reunion or a bittersweet one? You decide!
5. Holidays Christmas, Easter, someone's birthday? Whatever it is, it's time to celebrate. Maybe it's Halloween and you want to help your child with their costume. Or maybe you're the kid on Halloween and want to get your parental figure to join in on the festivities! Or if it's Christmas, do you get to exchange gifts or do you merely bask in the other's company? It's up to you!
6. Even the Happiest Family Argues Something has come up at is causing a bit of a riff between parent and child. Whether it's over something petty or not, that's up to you! So whether you're yelling or awkwardly attempting to patch up after an argument - it's time to try to work things out.
7. Unexpected Addition You're not the parenting type in any way shape or form - but somehow fate has given you the job of looking after a kid - and you're the only one who can do it. Whether you're nervous about not being a parent, or petulantly going along with it despite the fact that you may not be the most mature of your little pair after all - it's time to rise to the occasion!
8. Final Farewell. Your parental figure whether by blood or bond, has long left the world of the living. Yet by some sort of circumstance - perhaps the stars aligned just perfectly or who knows - you are able to have one final conversation with them. Perhaps they appear in your living area just as you were getting ready to doze off, or are sitting by your bed as you wake up. Whatever the case, their spirit is there and ready to give you input.
9. Free for All!
1. Protective Older Sibling No matter how much of a shit you may be to your younger sibling, that right is specifically set aside for you. When your little sibling is in trouble, make sure you comfort them and let them know you're going to take care of it.
2. Ruining The Night Your sibling has a hot date, which means it's time for you to do what you do best - raise hell and put them to the test. Let it be called a Relationship forged through a Trial by Fire!
3. Newcomer There's a new kid in your home and now you have a stranger living in your dwelling. Do you welcome them to the home or let them know that they aren't wanted?
4. Middle of the Night It's in the middle of the night. Maybe our car is broken down, you're too drunk to get home, you got your ass handed to you in a fight. Whatever the circumstances, it's time to get in touch with your sibling and hope they can bail you out.
5. Free for all!