No matter how much they care for the other person and want to be with them, some people simply can't dive head first into relationships. Little things that form intimacy and romance, little acts we take for granted - being close, holding hands, kissing, showing affection in public - they won't or can't do...at least not right off the bat. Something in their past, their experiences, their trauma, or even their personality holds them back. For both them and the person they're "dating," as it were, this can lead to a frustrating experience.
Still, steps can be taken towards letting the walls fall down. Little, tiny steps, but those can mean the world all the same.
One With the help of a partner, one person warms up.
Two Both sides of this couple are learning how to be in a relationship and to be open.
Talking → A relationship can't exist if there's not some communication, so either learn to use your words or become so close you can speak without them.
Spending Time → Even such mundane occurrences as watching TV or cooking together is new ground.
Touching → You might just find you enjoy reaching out and touching them.
Kissing → Another kind of touch, when you think about it.
Cuddling → ...at least they're warm and, hopefully, soft.
Sleeping → You're at your absolute weakest when you're asleep. It shows trust to doze off around this person.
Public Display → It's one thing to be in love in private, but showing you care in public is a different story.
Kind Words → Three little words (more or less) are all it takes. Why, then, are they so hard to get out?
Sex The ultimate stumbling block to some. To be laid blissfully bare is to truly let your guard down.
what it says on the tin. leave a blank comment, include your preferences or a starter, it's all good. reply to others with a text, a dirty picture (please link all nsfw things!), misfires, misdials, drunk filthy voicemails, sexy skype sessions, whatever your heart desires.
How to play
① Tag in with your name/series.
② Go to RNG and roll 1-10. That's your scenario!
③ Tag around!
④ Have fun. :)
① ACCIDENTAL. Did someone shove you on the subway? Were you standing too close and did one of you trip? Oops, this is awkward!
② PASSIONATE. You love this person so much that it's impossible to hold yourself in check any more!
③ GENTLE. They knew it was coming, you knew it was too late to back out. Trouble is, you're having a lot of FEELINGS.
④ GIGGLY. How are you supposed to kiss them when neither of you can stop laughing?
⑤ SMOOTH. You couldn't have been smoother with that smooch if you were whisked with fruit, dashed with milk and served over the counter.
⑥ DANGEROUS. This really isn't the time to be getting romantic! If it goes wrong, you can always blame the adrenaline, right? Right.
⑦ SAD. Remember: a wet kiss is a memorable kiss, even if it isn't a good one.
⑧ TEASING. The tables have turned: this time, they will be the one left wanting more.
⑨ PAINFUL. Clinked teeth? Banged foreheads? Well done, Romeo, now you both share the same sore distraction.
⑩ LINGERING. You just ... can't ... stop. Uh oh.
We try things. Sometimes they work.
Where are you?
- At a small town antique store, watching a rooster statue get bought by an 85 year old woman.
- Isla Nublar, or the closest equivalent thereof. You're going to a theme park called Jurassic Park. There's cloned dinosaurs and there's no way this could go wrong.
- In the ruins of an ancient city, one that was destroyed by a massive volcano that erupted without warning. You seem to be in some kind of shrine, perhaps, and the floor is hot.
- An old motel located in a quieter part of the city. An infamous murder happened there.
- A used car (or closest setting equivalent thereof - horses and spaceships work) dealership.
- A fifth grade classroom in some small town school. Mistakes were probably made.
- About to go through a drive-thru liquor store. More mistakes will be made shortly.
- A lighthouse. A storm is coming.
- Taco Dragon, a local texmex place. It's the home of the Blazin' Burrito.
- Somewhere else.
What are you doing there?
- You just got the wrong number/place/person and all of this was a mistake. Blind dates. Mistaken identity. You were drunk when boarding the boat and meant to go to Brazil instead of Isla Nublar. A teleportation spell went awry. Your spaceship had engine troubles and now here you are.
- Discovering that the one thing you went all of this way to get, the one thing you were looking forward to, the only reason why you're wherever you are is gone. It's sold out. It's vanished. Poof. Gone.
- Dealing with the aftermath of some kind of bitter disappointment, terrible defeat, tragic loss, or horrible rejection. Or maybe it was not that bad, but...still. Gotta go through the process. You're drowning your sorrows in burritos, dinosaur themed cocktails, or an ancient shrine's dust because mistakes were made.
- Hunting for something! You might be the hunter or you might be the hunted; you might be searching for someone or something like a book, but no matter what it is you probably won't be there for long.
- Gearing down for the last, great, desperate fight before reinforcements/the final boss is defeated/your side loses/some other reason. In more mundane settings you might one of the only employees working for the next five hours. It's probably going to be a long day/night/whenever it takes place. The calm before the storm.
- Wishing you could gear down for the last, great, desperate fight because you know everything involved with see above is gonna suck. But you can't, for some reason or another - in a few hours you'll have to go to work and your buddy brought you to the drive-thru liquor store. Or maybe you've got a conference but you have a family vacation to go see the dinosaurs, because what could possibly go wrong with that?
- You got a prophecy- you know, you know, but hear you out. You probably thought it was nonsense but the cat really did do the thing, and then there was that thing with the paint and now you're here. Maybe you want to warn someone before it's too late. Maybe you want to just get popcorn. Or maybe you want to confront the people you're sure are trying to scam you. Or maybe it's something else. Spy intel disguised in the form of a fortune? Who knows.
- There is a bomb, or, if not a bomb, some other situation in which if you fuck up a bunch of people are going to die really quickly. You're the only person who can disarm this situation. Don't screw up.
- You got kidnapped, just woke up, and some evil mastermind is telling you that you need to run around solving puzzles like you're Professor Layton for a few hours. Bomb collars may be involved. Something like that.
- Go choose your own destiny and do something else.
Mostly because I'm surprised we've never had this kind of meme before. We love high school AUs. We love romance. Why not combine those into a glorious mix?
Your teen years are important, formatively speaking. You're trying to find out just where you belong and what kind of person you're going to be. This already daunting task is complicated by the soul-sucking demon known as high school. If you weren't having a hard time before coming here, you certainly are now.
Add into this mixture raging hormones, and baby, you've got a misery stew cooking. But it's not all bad! Sometimes high school crushes can be sweet, and the occasional high school relationship lasts.
So whether you're too cool or distracted for romance or always on to the next good looking stud, come on down and try to navigate the romantic labyrinth that is the halls of Bakerstreet High.
HOW TO PLAY
- Comment with your character and preferences. Needless to say, aging down and AUing is welcomed and probably necessary. Have fun with it! Feel free to include a short blurb about your character's Bakerstreet High self. Are they popular? The class clown? A drifter? A band geek?
- Comment to others.
- Use the RNG. Or not.