Aah, Saturday morning cartoons. They harken back to a simpler time when good guys always won, bad guys were always cheesy, badass or both, and the plot points were almost always resolved in 24 minutes. Unless it was a multiple-parter, of course.
Now that time is coming back for you - right here in this post!
× Post with a character.
× Others respond with RNG result or with their own choice of situation.
1. THE ANIMATION OF THE MOVIE OF THE COMIC: Oh, right, there was a movie or book or comic or game (or even another animated show!) that this is based on. But whereas the original may be bloody and violent and probably has some swearing, someone decided to turn you and your co-stars family-friendly morons who can't shoot straight for some reason. Oh, and you get an animal companion that probably wasn't in your original canon who makes all sorts of jokes that aren't always funny. Enjoy!
2. SHE'S A MAN IN JAPAN: Congratulations, your show's been brought over to the United States from another country! But...what the heck? Your name isn't Guy Supercool! And you're not in high school! And you don't live in America! And oh god they turned your iffeminate life partner into your female love interest?! And what do you mean your grandma didn't die, she passed into the Shadow Realm!? WHERE IS YOUR GOD NOW!? WHY HAS SHE FORSAKEN YOU!?
3. AND SUDDENLY WE'RE CHILDREN: Screw being an adult like before. You're kids now in this. Who cares why, you just are - either in elementary school or maybe even preschool. You all live together without adult supervision (or if there is adult supervision, its almost never enforced) and you try to make the best of your situation. Like pretending to be in far off lands or saving the world from ghosts! Or even better - you actually do sneak out of the house to have AWESOME kiddy shenannigans without anyone knowing!
4. AND SUDDENLY WE'RE DETECTIVES: Screw the job you were at before, and all the friends and family you had previously. Opening your own P.I. joint in an entirely new place is where its at! Who cares if your previous job had absolutely nothing to do with detectiving! Anyone can be a detective with their new best friends and be a total expert at it without any previous experience! And what do you know, you've got your first big case coming right onto your desk - and it looks like a doozy!
5. AND SUDDENLY I'M THE MAIN CHARACTER: You were a part of a big group of people, or was a friend of the main character. And now, all of a sudden, you're on your own, in your own place. You're the focus now, and all the others you had known all these years are nowhere in sight! You have no idea how this happened or why you're now by yourself in a new town with new neighbors and new problems. But you can do it, right? Besides, this is your turn to shine and show you're not just another face in the crowd you left...!
1. BY THE _______ OF ________: You've come across a magical talisman which, with a shout, transforms you into a SUPER AWESOME HERO! Now that you have this amazing power, you must defend your homeland against everything that wants to destroy it (or, you know, save the orphanage with your band if that's what you do). On the downside, this might include random family members and friends you forgot you had because they were brainwashed by the bad guys way back when! Er...surprise?
2. CHEESY SCIENCE STRIKES!: You've been shrunken! Or....turned into a giant. Or a kid. Or a mermaid. Or a...well, whatever it is, be it a different size, age, species, gender, etc. its been altered by a magic potion, or maybe a mad scientist's really cheesy machine. And its incredibly inconvenient for you to be like this, so you need to get to the apparatus responsible, restore yourself to normal and save the day. On the other hand, all the obstacles that are now in your way might make that difficult...
3. AND NOW SOMEONE'S EVIL: It was bound to happen some time. Someone's turned traitor, or maybe they got brainwashed, or tricked, or its Thursday. They're now sporting awesome bad guy clothing, making bad guy speeches, laughing evilly, the whole nine yards! Maybe its you who's become evil. But whoever's randomly become evil, someone's got to save them from the bad guy's clutches somehow, right?
4. AND NOW SOMEONE'S GOOD: Its a bad guy! And they've been captured! And its one of the big fish, the trusted lieutenant, a former good guy, or even The Dragon. Maybe, now that they are cooling their heels, they can re-evaluate their life choices and consider that maybe being evil isn't so good after all. And who better to prod them towards the side of the good guys but you!
5. NIGHTMARE FUEL VS. THE POWER OF CUTE: This is it. folks. The person you're facing off against is made of pure evil. As in, they devour baby souls as a snack, enjoy killing entire planets off for fun or drain people's life forces for no other reason than pure boredom. And what can of badassery are you going to open on this unforgivable monster for threatening your land? Why, the power of your CARE BEAR STARE and THE RAINBOW and PONY POWER an--wait, what!?
6. AFTER SCHOOL SPECIAL: How the mighty have fallen! Your best friend - or maybe you - is hooked on drugs! Or in danger of being pregnant as a teen! In the wrong crowd! Skipping school! Not looking both ways before crossing the street! Whatever the sudden malfunction is, well, there's only one way to save the day - THE POWER OF FRIENDSHIP! (And maybe throw in a musical number or two to terrify whoever's acting out back onto the path of righteousness...)
7. WORLD PRIX...THING: Yup, its the epic race around the world!...What? Every show did it! And now you're doing it. Be it for fame, money, contractual obligation, blackmail, you're riding in a souped up funny car with a bajillion gadgets designed to inconvenience - but not seriously injure - your numerous rivals. So on your mark...get set...
1. KNOWING IS HALF THE BATTLE: You just noticed some random kids littering! Or setting fire to something! Or just doing something that they shouldn't be doing! As an upstanding citizen, you've just got to do something to stop this travesty! But how? Well, stopping them is all fine and well, but this calls for something more. That's right - an unforgettable LECTURE about the dangers they face from their actions! You just hope these kids will listen!...
2. SAILOR MOON SAYS~: Ok, look. There's no moral. There was never meant to be a moral after this story. Really. But for whatever reason someone really wanted one to be there at the last minute, so you're doing overtime now. So what if the moral is about the dangers of smoking when the episode was actually about how someone just tried to blow up your city? Stop shuffling your feet and just give the damn lecture already!
X. MIX AND MATCH/WILD CARD: Suddenly you're a child detective who must use their cuteness inside a badass talisman to defeat evil incarnate while singing to their friend about how how those "candies" really aren't very dandy to eat...oh and YO JOE! and all. Based on a movie. Or something....or, fine, come up with your own!