In the near future, Earth experiences first contact not from the sky above, but the sea below — with devastating consequences. Through the breach came Kaiju, great towering monsters that destroyed all in their path. The world set aside its differences and came together to combat the deadly threat with monsters of their own: Jaegers. The gigantic robots are controlled by two pilots connected through one neural link, and thrown into battle against the Kaiju to beat back the threat and save humanity.
Today, we face the monsters at our door, and cancel the apocalypse.
» Post with your character's name, series and chosen role(s) in the subject line.
» Use RNG or choose a location and scenario to tag others.
► Pilot: Highly trained and ready for battle, you are the only line of defense between the world and the Kaiju. Together with your co-pilot, you must train, prepare, and suit up to take down the beasts that rise from the sea to wreak havoc on the people of Earth.
► Mission Control: The pilots may be throwing the punches, but you're there to call the shots. Without you there their missions will undoubtedly fail; you have to read the surrounding area, the Kaiju's movements, and everything in between. The work you do is important — but that doesn't make it easy. Ever try and keep a bunch of hot shot pilots in line? Good luck with that one, champ.
► Engineer: The pilots give it their all to keep humanity safe — and you're the one that gets to put things back together when they're finished. Keeping the Jaegers in fighting condition is your job, and they sure don't make it easy; would it kill them to at least bring their arms back with them when they get them ripped off? They seem to think parts grow on trees or something.
► Civilian/Other: Are you a doctor working in the medical labs that gets to put pilots back together? Or perhaps a refugee caught in the crossfire of battle? Hell, maybe you're just there to steal some Kaiju bones and make a quick buck. Whatever or whoever you may be, you might want to make sure you don't get caught where you shouldn't be; the world isn't as safe as it was ten years ago.
I. Jaeger Academy: Pilots may get rockstar status, but it's a hard road to the top. Located in Alaska on Kodiak Island, Jaeger Academy is where promising hopefuls begin the grueling 24-week program that will determine if they have what it takes to make the cut. All pilots start out here, where many will enter but few will end up in the cockpit of a Jaeger.
II. The Shatterdome: By the time the Category-4 Kaiju appear to all but wipe the Jaegers off the map there is only one Shatterdome left, but before that they were located in key cities across the globe to assure rapid response to the Kaiju threat. All Jaegers launch from these locations.
III. Oblivion Bay: Where all Jaegers go on their trip to the big scrapheap in the sky. Located in California, Oblivion Bay is the final resting place of all Jaegers when they are damaged beyond any hope of repair.
IV. Ground Zero: Be it the edges of the Breach or one of the many cities under constant threat of death and destruction, this is where all the action happens. Prepare for glory — or destruction. Thar be Kaiju here.
1. Training: Perhaps it's your first shot at the Academy and you're trying your first Neural Handshake, or bo fighting to test your compatibility with another pilot; maybe you're starting up at MC and just coming to understand that getting a bunch of pilots to listen to someone fresh out of college is a bit like pulling teeth with chopsticks. Whatever it is, it's time to learn the ropes as fast as you can before you find yourself left in the dust.
2. Pregame: There's a lot of work that goes into getting ready to go into battle. Jaegers need to be maintained and loaded for launch, Mission Control needs to have everything rearing to go, and pilots need to get ready to rock and roll. This stuff doesn't just happen by itself, you know. Time to earn that salary.
3. Into the Fray: It's go time, kids! A Kaiju has surfaced and whatever your job, you'd better be ready to rumble. Pilots are there to face the threat head-on while Mission Control is on the comm to see them through to the bitter end, no matter what it may be. Get your game face on and go get 'em, tiger.
4. Bad News Bears: You ever just have one of those days? Every repair you try to make ends in failure, you're mucking up all the readings at MC, you're getting brutally thrashed by a Kaiju, you're left to watch in horror as your city and everyone you've ever loved is smashed to a pulp by a giant shark-headed monstrosity... Sometimes shit just hits the fan no matter what you do. Maybe it's just a case of the Mondays?
5. Recovery: Time to slap on the band-aids and break out the crazy glue. It's been a hard day's night, and there's a lot to be fixed up before the next Kaiju attack; pilots need mending, Jaegers need fixing and game plans need to be redrawn to make sure no one is caught off guard. No matter what kind of day you had, the work's not over till it's over.
6. Night on the Town: So when the work is over, what's the next step? Painting the town red, of course. Pilots are the rock stars of the modern world, so they're off collecting groupies in spades — but the rest of the staff need a breather too, so get out there and make some choices you'll be able to regret come morning. After all, what's life without a little drunken adventure?
7. Wildcard: Mix & match, or make up your own. Don't look at me to tell you what to do, I'm not your friggin' mom.
( Meme created by uglycrow )