The Playing House Domestic Shipping Meme + Optional Smut Prompts.
❧ Leave a comment with your character's name, fandom, and any preferences you have.
❧ When replying, RNG for a number between 1 and 15. The number corresponds to the scenario that you will play out in whatever way you want to.
❧ Go from there!
Suddenly, there's a new addition to your family! Are you expecting? Adopting? Struggling to find the perfect name for your child? Or maybe you're up at a ridiculous hour in the morning because they're crying like crazy.
02] just married
Congratulations! You and your loved (?) one are about to start a whole new life together! It's time for the honeymoon...
03] house hunting
Are you seeking out an apartment? A dream house? Or just any old place, as long as you're with your other? Make sure to weigh your options very carefully...
04] household chores
It's time to clean/cook/garden/take care of something! Do you work together, or does one of you hide until everything is done?
Whether it's for furniture, groceries, or something in between, shopping is something that everybody must do at some point in time! What varies is if they like it or not.
06] family vacation
WE'RE OFF TO DIDNEY WOOOOOOOOORL or wherever
... well, as long as the kids are happy, right...? You may not be happy (or maybe you are), but it's mainly about ~family bonding~.
07] romantic retreat
It's you and your loved one's anniversary, and you decide it's time to take some time off and take them somewhere nice, where you only have each other.
Is somebody sick in bed? Or perhaps they just had a bad day? Sometimes, a good breakfast in bed or a home-cooked meal can really lift the spirits! Or perhaps you want to try medicine, or laughter, or something else?
Suddenly, you have another addition to the family! Is it a puppy? A kitty? A fierce dragon? Whatever it is, make sure to give it a name and to take good care of it!
Happy birthday/New Years/Christmas/Valentine's Day/whatever! It's a very special day that only comes once a year, so make it count!
Oh, no, who left the stove on... Or maybe it's about why they were out late last night? Either way, there is a lot of tension today, and one of you may or may not be sleeping on the couch tonight.
12] making up
It's time to make amends for that fight/divorce/whatever you had before! After all, you love each other... right?
13] surprise, surprise
You are feeling rather loving tonight, so you want to remind the other person how much you cherish and appreciate them... if it's by something cute and adorable or hot and sexy is completely up to you.
I know I'm forgetting like a bajillion and one different things here, so this is the option for that!
Your nightmares follow you like a shadow...
You're trapped in your worst nightmare and worse yet,
you've dragged someone right along in with you.
You feel like you can't escape and any fear you've ever had
is coming true or you're being forced to watch helplessly as
someone you care about is in mortal danger or pain but you can't save them.
Whatever you fear the most can and will come true.
( Forever... )
The (Reverse) Smut Picture Prompt Meme
Because any good idea for a meme deserves its own smut version, this is just what the box says: the reverse picture meme for smut/nsfw prompting.
1) Comment with a character
2) Include a picture (or two or three) of a scenario, scene, position, location, etc. that you'd like to be a part of the RPing.
3) Make sure to list any preferences or explanations, to help people out.
1) Find someone's image(s) that inspire you and reply to their comment!
2) Yeah, that's pretty much it!
It's happened to everyone with an iPhone or some other texting application that corrects text as it's typed, right?
1. Post either a blank thread with your character, OR with an embarrassing mistyped text that they're sending to someone.
2. Comment to the threads of others and react to the awkward mistext, OR reply to a blank thread with a mistext of your own.
3. Try to clear up the misunderstanding!
4. For some help in figuring out what sorts of texts would work here, browse Damn You Auto Correct for ideas.
In most cultures, sex is a hallowed, intimate act that is supposed to be kept between two individuals in a private setting, not for the eyes of interlopers. But even outside of that, there are reason you'd want to keep you sexual activities a secret: your age, the fact that one or both of you are committed to others, your orientation not being common knowledge, the relationship itself being taboo or forbidden in some way, or the place you're having intercourse being one that is NOT suited for that sort of activity...like a public spot or a friend's home.
Despite better judgement and in spite of all the danger, though, today you're having sex in a place or in a scenario where their is a high risk of being caught.
HOW TO PLAY
- Comment with your character and preferences.
- Others will comment to you.
- Why are your characters smutting it up? It's up to you, but here are some ideas:
+ They're so in love they can't keep their hands off of each other, no matter where they may be...or who may be around.
the bodyguard meme
never let her out of your sight. never let your guard down.
Mostly because I'm surprised we've never had this kind of meme before. We love high school AUs. We love romance. Why not combine those into a glorious mix?
Your teen years are important, formatively speaking. You're trying to find out just where you belong and what kind of person you're going to be. This already daunting task is complicated by the soul-sucking demon known as high school. If you weren't having a hard time before coming here, you certainly are now.
Add into this mixture raging hormones, and baby, you've got a misery stew cooking. But it's not all bad! Sometimes high school crushes can be sweet, and the occasional high school relationship lasts.
So whether you're too cool or distracted for romance or always on to the next good looking stud, come on down and try to navigate the romantic labyrinth that is the halls of Bakerstreet High.
HOW TO PLAY
- Comment with your character and preferences. Needless to say, aging down and AUing is welcomed and probably necessary. Have fun with it! Feel free to include a short blurb about your character's Bakerstreet High self. Are they popular? The class clown? A drifter? A band geek?
- Comment to others.
- Use the RNG. Or not.
Most of us can remember the playground from our younger days. Swings, slides, monkey bars, merry-go-rounds and all manner of other things to play on and fall off of. Well here's another playground to enjoy. A big, brand new one filled with all those fun things you remember and new ones too. Are you a kid enjoying a day running around or maybe someone older trying to recapture youth? Either way, have fun! And don't worry, parents. There are benches under some nice shady trees to relax on.
-Tag in with name and canon in the subject line.
-Enjoy the place! Try not to fall and scrape knees or eat wood chips.
It happens to everyone - sometimes, you have nights where you just can't fall asleep, no matter what you do. It could be for a number of reasons, or no reason at all. And this is what's happened now: you've been laying in bed for what feels like hours, just tossing and turning, and nothing seems to help. So what's left to do? Get out of bed and go wake someone else up, of course. If you're not getting any sleep, then why should they?
i n s t r u c t i o n s
• Post with your character (note the name and fandom in the subject).
o p t i o n s
01 • FEAR. Maybe you're hearing strange, indeterminable noises; maybe there's a severe storm happening outside; maybe you watched a scary movie before bed? Whatever the reason, you're terrified and it's keeping you awake. You just want to wake someone else up so they can protect you from the monster in your closet.
1. Copy as much or as little of the form below
2. Post it as a comment
3. Make new friends and get new plots.
( Ah, the sea! )
There are outliers, of course, but many societies have come to the point where nudity is a reserved affair. That's understandable though, isn't it? The naked body is like one big target, with all our most sensitive spots exposed in a most dangerous way. Maybe it's some kind of carryover from primitive times, but it's common practice to shield your body unless you're taking care of inescapable tasks, with someone you trust, or being intimate - with the last two often overlapping.
No matter if you're less than comfortable showing what you've been given or if it's next to normal with you, one situation is nearly universally awkward, however: getting naked for the first time in front of someone you intend on being intimate with. If social lubricant is involved, things may be different, yet otherwise, you may feel that uncertainty in the pit of your stomach. What if they don't like the way you look? What if they ask about your scar? They can say they love you, but does that mean your whole body.
Whether, the time has come to take that first step with this person, no matter what secrets about your body you're not sure you want to reveal or how confident you are with the situation. Now, you'll bare it all...
...and you won't be alone. You'll see them as they see you, which can be more comforting or less so.
HOW TO PLAY
Comment with your character and preferences in the subject. Any additional information goes in the comment.
This meme is definitely shipping and...somewhat smut-ish. Smut is likely to happen, but it's absolutely not required. The main purpose of this meme is to explore relationships and character's self-image, in addition to how they're perceived by others.
Reply to others.
The Antagonist Meme
All that fluff and niceness getting to you? Well here's the cure! The Antagonist meme - your ability to get your character's hate on (or hatemance, perhaps).
The premise is simple. Either you already have an antagonist and they have awful things to do to you, or you can pick from (or RNG) the prompts below and tag whoever you like. Make sure if there are things you really don't want to happen that you put that in your comment! Antagonists can be pretty horrible after all.
Trigger warnings for: Violence, Death
( Click Here or Else! )
|Congratulations: You are dead.|
Maybe you know how, maybe you don't. Perhaps the memory is fuzzy, or perhaps it's crystal clear down to the look in your comrades' eyes. Maybe it was your time; you've done all you wanted to. Or maybe you weren't at all ready to go, maybe you went out kicking and screaming - but none of it matters. You know you're dead, and the train is taking you to an afterlife. Perhaps an afterlife of your choice; you might've earned that heaven. Or perhaps you've earned something else entirely.
It'll be a bit of a journey, though, so you might as well take your time and talk to the other people in your coach. Death knows no place: most of them are strangers, even from faraway worlds. But death knows no time either, so who knows, some of them may be people you know, even if last you knew, they were alive - or long gone.
Oh look, here comes the snack cart.
Post your character (bonus points for a brief description of their death and/or appearance from it), and let others reply to you. You are both dead! How is up to you, whether it's AU or canon. Characters don't know where they're headed, they just have a vague awareness of going to some sort of afterlife.
Vampires and humans. Angels and demons. Ghosts and the living. The idea of "opposites attracting" is hardly a new one, but with the rise in popularity of supernatural creatures, aliens, and other sentient beings beyond our human understanding, the forbidden romance trope has been injected a shot of fresh blood- sometimes quite literally.
This meme does just that, taking the whole "not meant for each other" thing to it's most logical extreme. Of course, it's not always angst and depression. These days, mermaids and bird-people can have their relationships in peace to some degree.
- Comment with your character, putting any preferences you have (ie, "humanoid characters only," F/M, etc). Also, be sure to note your character's "species" for others to reference (Name | Character | OTA | Human, ghost, mutant, alien, vampire, god, zombie-catgirl hybrid, etc).
- Reply to others. If your characters aren't different species, feel free to AU or anything else like that.
- Use the rng to determine your prompt.
- Also I didn't think I needed to say this, but be excellent to each other. Dick comments and anon bullying are not on.
- Meeting: Did you know there were, I don't know, werewolves before this? Or maybe you thought all aliens were evil. Will this...thing change your perception?
- Falling in Love: You know you're not the same, but your feelings don't care.
- Self-Hate: Perhaps you're mad at the being you're in love with, yet you're more angry at yourself.
- Can't Be Together: Whether for self-inflicted reasons or societal rules, you can't be in love with who your heart has chosen and it's putting a strain on you.
- Pushing You Away: Things are getting too intense, and for both of your sake, you want to make friend/crush/lover hate you.
- Beauty & the Beast: One of you is beautiful, the other hideous. Maybe, though, the beautiful one is ugly in the eyes of society, depending on where you live. Whatever the case is, you don't look the same.
- Confession: Screw the rules, you're going to tell that sweet girl/guy/other how you feel! What can go wrong? Or this is something you've put a lot of thought into and you're scared, but you're going to do it.
- First Time...or Not: Finally, the two of you are taking the next step and getting physical. It may go off without a hitch, depending on your...you know, or- OH GOD, HOW IS THAT GOING TO GO IN HERE. Wait, you have a...?
- The Kinky Option: Hey, maybe being different will pay off. Think about it. A long tongue? Ghost powers? Sounds like it could be fun in the bedroom.
- Prejudice: "What are you doing with that dirty monster?" "You know we can't be involved with humans!" "We don't take kindly to your type around here." Why can't people just leave you two be?
- Facing Your Instinct: It's hard to be with someone when you want to suck their blood. Or eat their brains. Or possess them.
- Because of Me: Your lover has been dragged into your fight or hurt by others of your kind. Now they're in the crossfire.
- Standing Up For You: Hey, knock it off! I don't care what you think, he's perfect in my eyes.
- You Don't Know You're Beautiful: The fluffy option where you're trying to make your loved one see just how much you care and how they're beautiful to you, no matter what.
- Gifts: Show your affection with a gift from your culture.
- Starting a Family: Can you even reproduce? Is it something you want to consider? Perhaps it's new ground to tread, so you'll have to be the first to think about it.
Let's face it, some of us in the RP world are shippers. Heck, you might not even be big on shipping, but you might be suddenly struck by an awesome dynamic! Sometimes... well, sometimes, we're struck bysecret ships -- ones you'll never admit because of one reason or another! Or a sudden ships. Who cares if they've only got one thread going, it's already clear they're going to be cute! Or the ever popularsurprise ship! Woah, you didn't see that one coming, but now you're shipping hard ball and it's like a whirlwind romance in a black and white backdrop. And the kicker? It's not always any of your characters!
What is this meme, you may ask? I shall gladly explain it to you!
This is an anonymous, OOC meme, where players anonymously admit their secret/surprise/sudden/anythingelse ships!! Ships certainly do not have to include their own characters, because stalking your friends or people you don't even know is half the fun! Or, they totally can!
What you do:
❥ Comment to the post with your handle in the subject line! If you're on the down-low with a character, feel free to leave it vague/make something up!
❥ In the body of your post, list your games (if in any) and your characters! Again, if you're on the DL, just use the one character or make a sock or... whatever you wanna do!
❥ Anonymously, others will reply to you with their secrets, ships, confessions, etc! Keep it anonymous, guys!! Half the fun of this is making whoever you respond to crazy with curiosity and getting stuff off your chest! But keep it honest :)
❥ Additionally, participate in the games and canons threads!
❥ Have fun and be excellent to each other.
Taken from earlier postings.
Dreams are difficult enough to understand. They range from embarrassing, to frightening, to thought-provoking, to just plain nonsensical. You may find yourself wondering what that was all about, or trying to forget about it as quickly as you can. It may be close enough to reality to confuse you, or dream logic may prevail. Whatever the case, the world of dreams is a way to delve into your psyche and deal with what happened to you that day, your fears, and whatever's on your mind.
Except... what's that person doing there? This isn't their dream.
How It Works:
☁ Post with your character, name and fandom in the subject.
☁ Others respond to your character.
☁ Roll the RNG 1-8 for your situation, from the list below. That's the type of dream your character is having. Or, just pick the one you like the best.
☁ The replier has found themselves in your character's dream, able to interact freely.
☁ Have fun!
1. sweet dreams
Something like this might not happen too often in your waking life, if ever. You've found the world's largest supply of grape ice cream, you've won the lottery... or, perhaps, you're just having a really good day. Will this person share in your joy or ruin it for you?
Your worst fears are being visited upon you tonight. Whether it's falling, losing those closest to you, insects, or something particular to you, there's no doubt you'd wake up in a cold sweat if everything went normally. Having this person there isn't 'normal', though. Maybe they can make things better.
3. sexy dreams
Isn't it so awkward when the person you're in bed with suddenly asks why you're dreaming about them in a schoolgirl costume?
4. bizarre dreams
It's hard to categorize this, but it probably seems perfectly natural to you that you need to find the smallest grain of sand in the world to stop an alien invasion up until someone points out how weird that is. And maybe it still seems normal to you even after that. They might be the ones being silly!
The mind often revisits important events in one's life. For good or bad, you're back in time, reliving something that stuck in your head. But... that guy wasn't here before, was he? Or maybe he was, but hasn't seen it from your point of view yet.
6. prophetic dreams
A dream of your future. Is it good? Is it bad? Is it something you would even want another person to witness?
7. violent dreams
Whether you want to or not, you're hurting the person you're in bed with. Isn't that going to be a little hard to explain?
Dreams are many and varied. Mix up the flavors, or try something completely different. Wherever your mind will take you is game.
Meme taken from here
a shipping meme
Life is hard. You can go through rough patches and over bumps, and sometimes it feels as though you're definitely worse for the wear, both physically and mentally. It's nice to have someone - someone more than a friend - there for you in those times...even if you don't think you want them or deserve them. But they're here, and they'll take care of you.
How to Play:
* This is a shipping meme for more tender, soft moments, but a little more serious than your usual "fluff." It's for people who've been broken down by their experience and those who wish to heal them.
* Comment with your character/your preferences. You may also want to specify whether your character will be the one "cared for" or the one doing the "caring" + pertinent information, but for most effectiveness, it's best to be open to both.
* Comment around.