The IC Mafia Meme
Whatever the circumstances, you and a group of others - some you know, some you don't - are divided. At night, one person is killed by the 'hunters'. During the day, one person is executed by vote at the trial. And all along, wildcards can strike others down, those with roles sniff out the culprits and suspicions seep into the very ground as the party dwindles, one by one.
Will you fight, or will you fall? Do you think you can stop the fighting, escape? Is there a mystery that needs to be solved? Or else are you dead, already lost your chance, able only to watch alongside the other ghosts as the living tear themselves apart.
Welcome to the IC Mafia Meme.
(We recommend picking these out on a thread by thread basis, but here's the list anyway. Numbers are provided for RNG purposes, but feel to chose your own. For extra hilarity, get a role and then don't
put in the subject heading when you start a thread...)
) - The Villagers
The lost sheep. Only a few of you have the bite to defend yourselves with. Can you root out all the Hunters and survive?
) - The Mafia
You are the wolves amongst the sheep; set to kill the rest of the party. Succeed, and everyone can be brought back. Fail, cheat, and it's all for nothing. Sworn to secrecy, your only choice is to play. But all of you agreed to this, don't forget...
) - The Third Parties
The unlucky few. Unaligned to either team, you must survive on your own. Maybe you have the choice to pick a side, or maybe you must kill everyone else to win. Whatever the case, you are the true wildcards in this game.The master Roles List from Epic Mafia can be found here.
And, of course, random number generators can be found here
So where is this happening anyway? What's the cause of this terrible game? (all teams listed in Villager, Mafia, Third Party order)
) Haunted Mansion / Castle
- the delapidated grandeur and empty rooms hide the darkest secrets; you and the others have been trapped inside, forced to suspect and kill each other by the vengeful spirits haunting its halls. There's a thousand ways to die in here... The Innocents, the Damned and the Lost, whom do you chose?
) The Desert Island
- well, so much for the sun and the beach. What should have been a holiday has turned into a disaster, with the boats missing, the food dwindling and one by one, more and more of you seem to die. The Visitors, the Pirates and the Locals, to whom do you swear allegience?
) The Snowed in Village
- Preyer's Pass used to a small travellers town; a waypoint on a treacherous mountain pass. Trapped in by a blizzard and forced to murder one another, you're certainly regretting whatever twist of fate lead you here now. The murders and executions carried out with a sick sense of irony, only a gunshot is a quick way to die. The Prey, The Wolves and the Scavengers; for whom do you fight?
) The Game Show
- Sure the deaths seem wierdly realistic, but that's just SFX right? It's all for the cameras, so have a good time, play your role and don't give in to that subtle, creeping fear... It's all just a game! That prize at the end better be worth it; Villagers, Mafia or the Third Party, to which are you assigned?
) Trouble in Terrorist Town
- Well, so much for unity in the cause. All of you are members of an organisation, but some of you have betrayed it. What once was a hideout is now a prison, as suspicion and anger fills the halls. The Loyalists, the Traitors and the Provocateurs, which cause is worth killing for?
) The Party Game
- Just a bunch of people playing Epic Mafia; no deaths, no murders. It's just a game; nothing more.
- Invent your own setting! Maybe there's something in canon that can be used for this; Monobear changing the rules or some holodeck game gone wrong...~
PROMPTS / SCENARIOS
So what spurred this interaction?
) The Private Meeting
- Anything said in public is held in public record, to be reviewed by anyone. Meeting in private is the only way to ensure privacy... but to what end? Do you plot, confess? Do you fear, accuse, decieve or kill?
) The Trial
- Well, it looks like your life is on the line; someone has pointed the finger at you. Are you innocent, or are you guilty? With your life on the line... will you stand your ground?
) A Nightly Visit...
- Well, here it is. The end of the road. A killing role has made their decision, and now it's your turn to die. Or maybe you're the one doing the killing; I hope the choice was worth it.
) The Aftermath
- Once again, another has fallen victim to this terrible game. Whether they died by trial, by gunshot or you're finding their body in the morning, someone has died. Maybe you knew them, maybe you didn't. Maybe you trusted them, maybe you didn't. Maybe they were guilty, maybe they were innocent. Nevertheless, that's one less person who will be walking out of this place. Should they be buried? Should they be mourned? Should there be an investigation? What do you do?
) The Graveyard
- And that's it then. Maybe you died quickly, maybe you didn't. Maybe you deserved it, maybe you didn't. Either way, the game is over for you now. It's time to join the rest of the deceased players, watching the living fall apart in infighting. If you've lost friends and loved ones it'll be a bittersweet reunion, but if you got someone killed, lets hope they'll be forgiving...
) The Downtime
- Not everything has be doom, gloom and accusations; maybe you're doing something ordinary together, like cooking, reading or tending the gravestones. The spectre of the game still hangs above your head, but for now, there's peace.
) The Arrival
- No-one's died yet, but everyone's been informed of the game by now. Do you believe it? Do you stand for this? Can you trust the person next to you?
) The Escape Attempt
- That's it. You've had it. Both of you. You can't care less what your roles are, but you've agreed. You can't stay here any longer. This is it. It's time to break out. Lets hope your efforts won't be in vain...
) The End
- Victory. Your side has triumphed, and has toppled the other... but was it worth it? You survivors stand now only the corpses of those that fell before you. The Mafia may get their prize, but for the Villagers, it's a long walk home; with far less than was before. And for the Third Parties, well... goodness knows how you managed that
. You've all done terrible things to survive; now it's time to part ways. At last, it's over.
) The Reunion
- Well that was fun wasn't it! The game's over, some won and some didn't; some made it whilst others fell. Either way, it looks like you're all together again after a long time; how did it go? Can you live with all the things you've done?
) The Wildcard
- Invent your own scenario!(original meme by mostlymarried)