There's a certain amount of loyalty expected in relationships; after all, why would you want to be with someone who doesn't respect or care for you, outlying issues notwithstanding? Ideally, there'll be mutual devotion and interest...yet sometimes, people can take loyalty to new extremes.
It's understandable if you've never been shown any kind of affection. Naturally, you'll cling to their attention, not wanting to lose that. If you only know how to follow orders, you could merely view pleasing them as an extension of that. Maybe you thought you would never be deserving of them or anyone like them. On the other hand, you could have had it all before, but you never paid much heed at all, like the true love-em-and-leave-em cad you were. No matter, all of that's in the past. You completely belong to them.
...remember, though, too much of a good thing can be not so good. Most people don't want to be worshipped, the majority don't want a glorified servant for a mate, and pretty much no one wants to be over-protected or controlled.
The following aren't prompts, not exactly. Instead, they're just ideas of how threads could go!
- Positive: Not too much of anything here; rather, the perfect mix of loyalty and protectiveness. Okay, maybe you can get a bit too eager on either, occasionally. However, it's not frequent enough to be off-putting. Mostly.
- Neutral: Your adoration for them is so deep that you're afraid to deepen you relationship because you're not worthy. That's a sweet sentiment, yet not exactly what either of you want.
- Negative: There's nothing wrong with wanting to protect the person you love from physical or emotional harm, but you need to learn when the threats are serious and when they aren't. Or, on another facet, following their orders - or what you think are their orders - like a good little soldier will rarely turn out well for either of you in the long run. You'll look desperate, at best. At worst...let's not get into that.
HOW TO PLAY
- Comment with your character, preferences, and what side, if applicable, you'd like to play.
- Reply to others.
|Love and shipping memes are nice, but sometimes, they take themselves waaaay too seriously. You know what's just as fun? Playing first loves and first silly, silly crushes. Usually relegated to the young, but not always (after all, there are plenty of people who are young at heart or stunted), these little affairs may not last forever yet nothing beats them in enthusiasm. It's cute, it's exciting, it's hormonal -|
It's probably embarrassing! But really super cute, okay.
How to Play
[ Comment with your character and preferences. There are no age limits on this, but if you want to age your character down, that's fine. ]
[ Reply to others, using the RNG to determine your fate. ]
[ Feel free to be as serious or as self-aware as you'd like. ]
( prompts )
STUCK IN YOUR COSTUME
- Step one - Put your character name and preferences in the subject line
- Step two - Pick a costume. (Put it in the subject line or your comment)
- Step three - Tag around and react to other suddenly-costumed characters
CAUGHT IN THE RAIN MEME
It started out quietly, and then, quite suddenly, you're caught in a storm with an endless downpour. Time to quickly find cover! Nothing much to do but to wait it out. Where is the rain happening? How are you coping? Why are you out when it hits?
• Leave a comment with your character's name and fandom.
• RNG for a number between 1-10 to get your scenario. Mix and match!
• Have fun!
( Click here! )
I. Post a comment with your character and any preferences.
II. Someone replies with lyrics for a prompt.
III. Using the lyrics as a basis, set up the scene.
IV. Alternatively, post your own lyrics prompt when you put up your comment, and whoever replies uses it to set the scene.
V. Have fun!
|One small spanner in the works can change nothing and yet everything at the same time.|
The world you live in is a lot like the normal one. History progresses more or less as it should. Technology flourishes. Empires build upwards, then crumble and fall. The only difference? Somehow, along the way, society has stratified into three categories:
Once a master/fighter pair is made, there have been reports of psychic connections and fighters being strengthened by the mere presence of their master, which means pairs ofter live together. This is helpful, because despite the fact that you would think pairs would want to peacefully coexist, there's been strife since, well, before anyone can remember. Other pairs will feel a desire to defend their territory and status, and even non-violent pairs will find themselves attacked. There's
One more important thing to note: it's not generally accepted for fighters and masters to be romantically involved. In fact, it's frowned upon. But, given the close living quarters, expectations, bonds, and the fact that no one will be as close or as understanding - ah, it's best to say there's more of a "don't ask, don't tell" policy. Yet as a fighter or a master, you won't fall for your partner...
HOW TO PLAY
( prompts under the cut )
THE TWITTER MEME
Your character got something to say? Can they say it in 140 characters or less? Do they RT, like, everything? @mention their friends in unrelated chatter? Use their Twitter to promote their place of work? Abbr wrds 2 sv space? Suffer a #hashtag #addiction? Twitpic? Bit.ly? Do they...cross-post from Facebook? (BOOOO HISS.)
Welcome to the wonderful and very, very brief world of Twitter!
HOW IT WORKS:
- Comment with your character's name and canon in the subject line.
- Give them a clever username, you know you want to.
- Don't just leave that comment empty; Tweet something! You can use wordcounter.net to count letters and make sure you're within Twitter's 140-character limit. Ex.: "@turkeytechgobhead: #quickquestion RT if you iron your underwear oh wait thats just @ectobiolojest #smh"
- Respond to others' Tweets!
If you need a quick guide to Twitter use and lingo, check out this Mashable blog post here. And if you need inspiration, try Funny Tweeter!
There are ghosts all around, at any time, lingering in places where they died or that were emotionally significant during their lives. Some of them refuse to give up the life they once lived, some have yet to accept that they have died, and some just want revenge against those who are still living.
Wherever you are, whatever you were doing, you've happened across a place where a particularly strong ghost (or maybe more than one?) is lingering. The ghost might try to possess you, using your body to do what it cannot, it might try to torment you in whatever ways it can, or it might just try to attack you. What will you do? Who you gonna call?
HOW IT WORKS:
Leave a comment with your character's name and canon, and your preferences. Remember that the ghosts can possess your character (influencing their actions or outright taking control of them) or torment them (exerting an outside influence or attacking).
Please respect others' preferences when tagging, and if a thread goes somewhere you aren't comfortable, communicate with your thread partner.
( Read more... )
They're not your boyfriend or girlfriend. In fact, you don't even like them in that way. So it shouldn't bother you when this person gets attention and interest from others, should it?
...right? It's not like they're yours.
Well, this is an awkward time to discover your feelings, or least discover that you have something to repress even harder.
- Comment with your character, preferences, and which role you'd like to play.
- Reply to others.
- Sorry about the picture. I couldn't find anything else that fit the mood quite the way I wanted it to.
The Pick Your Own AU Meme
Welcome to the meme where you play that AU you've been thinking about since July but haven't had a chance to get out onto the internet. You start the party, everyone else joins it.
1. Make a post about your character's AU. It can be a sentence, a paragraph, an image, or a link to that comprehensive tumblr post you made when you were drunk. Don't leave the prompt blank or we'll assume it's an AU where you never existed.
2. Tag into other people's AUs. You can be part of that AU, or you can be Original Flavor Character who's abruptly slipped over into this strange and fantastic new land.
The (Reverse) Smut Picture Prompt Meme
Because any good idea for a meme deserves its own smut version, this is just what the box says: the reverse picture meme for smut/nsfw prompting.
1) Comment with a character
2) Include a picture (or two or three) of a scenario, scene, position, location, etc. that you'd like to be a part of the RPing.
3) Make sure to list any preferences or explanations, to help people out.
1) Find someone's image(s) that inspire you and reply to their comment!
2) Yeah, that's pretty much it!
the oral sex meme
• comment with your character.
• respond to others
• get down and dirty, hot and wet. spell the abc's with your tongue or recite some tongue twisters. orgasms are the name of the game, and gratuitous oral sex is the name of the game!
• post picture prompts OR write starters OR whatever!
• have a grand ol' time
It happens to everyone - sometimes, you have nights where you just can't fall asleep, no matter what you do. It could be for a number of reasons, or no reason at all. And this is what's happened now: you've been laying in bed for what feels like hours, just tossing and turning, and nothing seems to help. So what's left to do? Get out of bed and go wake someone else up, of course. If you're not getting any sleep, then why should they?
i n s t r u c t i o n s
• Post with your character (note the name and fandom in the subject).
o p t i o n s
01 • FEAR. Maybe you're hearing strange, indeterminable noises; maybe there's a severe storm happening outside; maybe you watched a scary movie before bed? Whatever the reason, you're terrified and it's keeping you awake. You just want to wake someone else up so they can protect you from the monster in your closet.
There are many supernatural beings that congregate in groups for survival or protection or just for companionship, not unlike humans. Witches have covens. Vampires have nests. But none of those have connections that can compare to the bond of a werewolf pack.
You should know. You're part of one, either born a werewolf or turned. For humans, blood is thicker than water; for wolves, the pack is to the bone. Of course, with humans, romantic relationships can complicate closeness of other sorts. That's not the case with werewolf pairings, as they tend to grow out of natural pack dynamics and are viewed as just another facet of life. The only difference is that werewolves tend to treat relationships, even potential would-be-mates, with extreme seriousness.
After all, you'll fight for your pack, so you'll fight for your mate, won't you?
✩ how to play ✩
☾ Comment with your character, preference, and information!
✩ prompts ✩
( prompts )
Everyone deserves a special treat now and then! Whether it’s for a romantic anniversary, as a holiday gift, or just something you pick up for yourself after work, chocolates are a tasty way to celebrate, relax, or just help you get through the day. There are so many different kinds, too! There’s milk chocolate, white chocolate, dark chocolate, and many, many more. It’s a treat that almost everyone can enjoy!
That’s why today is a lucky day! There’s plenty of chocolate to go around. Your character might get some as a gift, buy some for themselves at a sale, or just find it lying around...that happens, right? And all of the chocolate is unique, too. Why not take a bite? What’s the worse that could happen?
1. Post your character and list any preferences you have
2. Use a random number generator to see what kind of snack you're having, or roll for each reply.
3. Wait for someone to reply or just plot it out. Go nuts!
4. Play nice and have fun. Respect people's preferences and all that.
( Read more... )
[originally posted by enfin]